The World Gold Council regularly speaks at events around the world, educating investors on the benefits of investing in gold. Some of the events we are participating in are listed below.
XIII International Forum Russian Bullion Market (RBF-2020)
Date: November 12, 2020
Time: 9 am – 5 pm (MSC)
The International Forum “Russian Bullion Market” (RBF-2020) gathers experts from Central Bank of the Russian Federation, State Duma of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, leading international and Russian banks, international organizations and associations, precious metals mining companies and refineries to discuss the most actual issues connected with the precious metals market.
RBF-2020 key topics:
- The influence of the COVID-19 on the Russian and global precious metals market;
- Regulatory developments on the Russian precious metals market;
- Rolling-out the Federal Integrated Information System “Precious Metals and Precious Stones”;
- The perspectives of the cancellation of VAT on investment gold in Russia;
- Standardization of the Russian of the precious metals market;
- New opportunities for Russian precious metals’ market participants in the global markets;
- Global and Russian precious metals markets trends
Dr Tatiana Fic, Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council, participates in the first, session, Regulatory Authorities. Representatives of the legislative and executive authorities, the Bank of Russia, professional associations and market participants will discuss key regulatory and market initiatives in 2020-2021 in the precious metals market, including:
- COVID-19 lessons and new drivers of market growth;
- Development of precious metals bank accounts/deposits;
- Prospects of the VAT on investment gold abolition;
- State integrated information system for control over the precious metals, precious stones and products turnover. Assessment of the implementation impact on precious metals market players.
- Development prospects of State control over the precious metals export.
MOSCOW EXCHANGE FORUM 2020
The forum’s agenda
Date: November 2-3, 2020
The Moscow Exchange Forum is intended to update the investment community on the outlook for the Russian economy and the investment potential of Russia’s financial market, and to showcase Russian companies in a changing environment.
John Reade, Chief Market Strategist, World Gold Council, will participate in the “Gold in a negative real rates world” session on November 3.
Moderator: Elina Ribakova, Deputy Chief Economist, Institute of International Finance
- Pavel Grachev, CEO, Polyus
- Patrick Kirby, Senior Economist, The World Bank
- John Reade, Chief Market Strategist, World Gold Council
All-Russian Financial Literacy Week 2020
Date: October 24-31, 2020
Organizer: the National Centre for Financial Literacy (organizer of the All-Russian Weeks of Financial Literacy since 2005) with the support of the Project "Assistance in increasing financial literacy of the population and the development of financial education in the Russian Federation" launched by the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation and the World Bank.
Purpose of the event: to ensure the mass dissemination of educational and reliable information necessary for the competent solution of financial issues during the post-coronavirus crisis.
Audience: Russians of different age groups, family and social status (including schoolchildren, students, adults and pensioners).
The key themes of the event:
- Loans, credit holidays and credit history – сoronaсrisis impact and precautions;
- Benefits, subsidies and other relevant forms of financial support;
- Financial self-defense in a coronavirus crisis;
- Adaptation of the budget to new economic conditions;
- Cyber fraud and cyber defense;
- Improving financial sustainability: a set of first steps;
- Conversations with children on difficult financial topics – job loss, loan obligations, forced relocation, the need to reduce costs;
- The financial side of remote education – courses, tutors, tax incentives and motivation.
Venue: Financial Literacy Week website.
Free webinars on financial literacy will be held live on Odnoklassniki.
The World Gold Council acts as a partner of the event.
On October 28 at 19.00 (Moscow time) John Reade, Chief Market Strategist and Head of Research, World Gold Council, will deliver a lecture on “Improving financial sustainability: a set of first steps”.
We will be glad to see everyone at this webinar!
MINEX Russia 2020
The 16th Mining and Geological Forum MINEX Russia "Russian mining industry - unprecedented challenges and solutions"
The forum’s agenda
Date: October 6-8, 2020
Venue: Radisson Slavyanskaya Hotel, 2 Europe Square, Moscow + Online
The MINEX Russia Forum, established in 2005, is one of the largest and most significant events in the mining and geological industry of the country. More than 800 executives from industry companies, ministries and universities from Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, countries of the European Economic Community, China, North America, Southeast Asia and Australia take part in the forum.
Audience: About 60% of forum participants and exhibition visitors are top managers of companies.
More than 120 presentations by Russian and international speakers were made during the forum in 2020. John Mulligan, Director of Member and Market Relations, World Gold Council, spoke at the forum on "The Gold Mining and the ESG Revolution" and described how ESG factors, including the climate crisis, are changing investor and stakeholder expectations for the mining industry, and how the gold mining industry is responding to these changes.
VI Moscow International Financial and Economic Forum
“The Eurasian Economic Union and the EU: search for new formats of cooperation”
Friday, November 22, 2019 - Moscow, Russia
Venue: Hotel Azimut Smolenskaya Moskva
The forum is hosted by the Financial & Banking Association of Euro-Asian Cooperation (FBA EAC) with the support of the Eurasian Economic Commission and the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs. FBA EAC includes more than 40 institutions: financial and banking associations from Russia, CIS, Central and Eastern European countries, and banks and organisations from Uzbekistan, China, Romania, Slovenia, Russia, and Kazakhstan.
The forum gathers notable experts and market participants from Kazakhstan, UK, France, Germany, Inia, Italy, Hungary, the Republic of Korea, Slovenia and also policymakers from the Eurasian Economic Union. The World Gold Council will be represented in two sessions:
Plenary Session “Eurasian Economic Space – Today and Tomorrow”. During the session the following key issues will be discussed:
- supranational platforms: economy beyond politics;
- main economic issues of Eurasian integration;
- forming a single financial market in EAEU: advantages and challenges for EU countries;
- EAEU market: opportunities for European suppliers and producers;
- typical challenges and particular features of business in EAEU and Russia for the European companies.
Moderator: Alexander Murychev, Executive Vice-President of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, Deputy Chairman of the Council of the Association of Banks of Russia, Chairman of FBA EAC, Coordinating Council.
- Bakhytbek Baisitov, President of FBA EAC, President of the Association of Banks of Kazakhstan;
- Andrey Beliyaninov, Chairman of the Management Board, Eurasian Development Bank;
- Timur Zhaksylykov, Member of the Board, Minister in charge of Economy and Financial Policy of the Eurasian Economic Commission;
- Denis Ivanov, Chairman of the Board of IBEC;
- Veronika Nikishina, Member of the Board, Minister for Trade of the Eurasian Economic Commission;
- Pascal Lorot, Special Representative for France for Central Asian Affairs;
- John Reade, Managing Director, Chief Market Strategist, World Gold Council;
- Taek Soo Kim, Director of the Korean Institute of Industrial Technologies;
- Frank Schauff, CEO of the Association of European Business;
- Alexander Shokhin, President of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs.
Session II. Gold mining and jewellery industries: new opportunities and technologies. The following key issues will be discussed:
- development of the theory of ore formation in precious metal deposits;
- innovative technologies and equipment for micronised gold extraction;
- modern ways of mineral exploration and the development of analysis;
- gold in jewellery, demand trends, new technologies;
- financing of gold mining companies in the current conditions;
- gold as a “protective” asset for investors;
- presentation of projects and equipment for gold mining.
Moderator: Valeriy Kryanchko, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Geopolitical Problems, Candidate of Geological and Mineralogical Sciences.
- Andrea Boldi, President of NEMESI S.R.L.
- Tatiana Fic, Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council;
- Vladimir Polevanov, Principal Geologist, Federal State-Funded Institution “Rosgeologoexpertiza”, Dr. Sci in Geology and Mineralogy;
- Viktor Nenakhov, Dean of Geological Faculty, Voronezh State University, Dr. Sci in Geology and Mineralogy;
- Elena Kruchinina, Founder LLC “Data Investment”;
- Vladimir Demin, Adviser of the General Director, JSC “Rosgeologiya”;
- Sergey Pynzar, Project Manager of J-PASS;
- Gennadiy Teslenko, Director of Geology, Engineering Center “Gubkin-Innovations”, National University of Oil and Gas “Gubkin University”
XII International Forum Russian Bullion Market (RBF-2019)
Thursday, 21 November, 2019 - Moscow, Russia
Venue: Marriott Royal Aurora Hotel
Time: 9:30 – 19:00
The forum is arranged by the self-regulatory organisation the “National Finance Association” (NFA). The NFA involves 250 professional financial market participants, including the leading Russian banks and investment companies. The NFA also collaborates with the Russian Ministry of Finance and the Russian Central Bank.
The Russian Bullion Market Forum brings together the most influential market participants including major international and Russian banks, precious metal mining companies and refineries and decision-makers. During the event current precious metal market issues will be discussed, such as:
- The lifting of VAT on investment gold in Russia;
- global trends in the precious metal market;
- innovations in market regulations;
- new opportunities for the Russian precious metal market participants globally.
The World Gold Council is pleased to be a sponsor and participant in two sections at this important industry event.
Section 1. Regulatory Authorities. In this section key regulatory and market initiatives in 2018-2019 at the precious metals market will be discussed.
- Moderator: Vasily Zablotsky, National Finance Association;
- Muharbi Ulbashev, Deputy Head of Financial Markets Committee at the Senate
- Evgeniy Ageshin, Senior Managing Director, Sberbank;
- Aleksey Kuznetsov, Partner, Ernst&Young
- Vadim Serov, Deputy Chairman of the Association of Jewelers of the Eurasian Economic Union;
- Dr Tatiana Fic, Director, Central Banks and Public Policy, World Gold Council;
- Mikhail Dyagilev, Head of Krastsvetmet
- Larisa Selutina Director, Central Bank of Russia
Section 3. Global Gold Markets.
- Recent Developments in the Global Gold Market
John Reade, Managing Director, Chief Market Strategist, World Gold Council;
- Mr Sudheesh Nambiath, Head, India Gold Policy Center (IGPC), Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Global and Russian Gold Market in 2020: Demand and Pricing Trends
Maria Krasnikova, Executive Director, Senior Analyst, Sberbank CIB